Re: [OM] Starting at beginning

Subject: Re: [OM] Starting at beginning
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:16:34 +0200
Chris lightroom is now a very accomplished App, that and slver efex pro 2 (maybe even this is no longer necessary) will be pretty much all you need, I have just upgraded to 6 because it offers a performance boost with using the GPU and I am interested in the Merging functionality which was pretty much all I used photoshop for, so if Lightroom is current then I personally don't see much need for the latest and greatest photoshop, so I am sticking with perpetual licensed products.

Lightroom is not aperture though and it took me a while to adjust but, they haven't left us in the lurch like apple, I have tried capture one and found it clumsy compared to Lightroom.

BTW I have sold some of my canyon gear to colleagues so I ordered an X100T today, really looking forward to that as an every day carry, the X-T1 with 23mm is what I usually carry so I am looking forward to something more compact. I do need to find a system of mounting it on a bicycle though (handlebar pouch) as we spent most of the last trip in Wales cycling up and down the no 5 costal path which the kids loved, especially Cai who I towed behind me but it left little time for photos

IanW

ChrisB <mailto:ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
23 April 2015 17:02
Thanks for those thoughts, Jez. It’s a bit of a shock to put one’s expenditure down in clear text, isn’t it? :-)

I’m still vacillating between LR (either plan) and Capture One.

Chris