Re: [OM] Micro XC cards

Subject: Re: [OM] Micro XC cards
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 08:37:01 -0400
I'm not that much different from you except that I don't shoot anywhere near as much. I have 4 16GB cards that I swap around. I always format cards vs. erasing them but never format a card until what's on it is on two HDD backups. Since we arrived in SC my shooting has dropped considerably since I have so much other stuff going on. But that will probably start changing as we get the new house squared away.

Since leaving NY I have lost my very convenient off-site storage space. However, my son-in-law and I have recently arranged that we trade backup drives for all of our computer data each time we visit each other. Visits are more frequent now since we're only 3-1/2 hours away rather than 10 . Now, the off-site storage could be several months old but at least it exists.

A neighbor recently told me that he keeps a backup drive in a safe deposit box at a nearby bank. I told him I didn't think that was a very good idea. All of the nearby banks are in storm surge flood zones for a Cat 1 hurricane. It takes a Cat 4 before our own houses are flooded by storm surge. But I'll be out of here long before the storm arrives and carrying my backups with me.

Chuck Norcutt