Re: [OM] IMG: Alhambra: The Saga Continues

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Alhambra: The Saga Continues
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 20:57:37 -0800
On 12/16/2015 7:50 PM, Peter Klein wrote:
Moose: You are right. The inside of the prayer room was quite dark, and the outside view through the windows was in "cloudy bright" conditions. The only way to get detail in both was to almost overexpose, and bring the highlights up and the shadows down. Which I did with just the Highlight and Shadow recovery sliders in Capture One. I just redid it with masks in the window and "burned" the windows down. It's still a bit "HDR," but I think this is better. Yes?

Yes, it is ...

OTOH, I was thinking of something more like this.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Klein/Sultan.htm>

When dealing with this kind of subject, I mask so I may process each part as though it were a separate image. One just happens to cover parts of the other. :-)

Masked Moose