Re: [OM] (no subject)

Subject: Re: [OM] (no subject)
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 09:25:30 -0500 (EST)
     I should have mentioned that this airfield saw a lot of activity during a
winter when the airport at Buffalo was shut down due to an extreme lake effect
snowstorm.  The NYANG unit recalled all of it's C-130D aircraft plus a spare
set of skis from Thule AB.  C-130s from all over were hauling in snow removal
equipment, medical supplies, etc. to Scehnectady, which were then airlifted by
the C-130Ds as they were the only ones who could use the runways at Buffalo,
which were buried under deep snow.  That went on for a couple of days.

>Yeah, that's it. I grew up in the village of Scotia, NY, a part of the
>township of Glenville, both also in Schenectady County, just across the
>Mohawk River from the city of Schenectady.
>
>On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 4:57 PM Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>
>>      Could be.  When I flew into there in 1977 it was called Schenectady
>> County Airport.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson