Re: [OM] OT: Scottish weather

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Scottish weather
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 06:54:02 -0400
I think it foolish rather than impressive. This same wind powered grid that provided 100% of electrical demand for a single day could tomorrow drop to 2% of electrical demand. Because of that everyone of these existing wind turbines and those yet to come represent duplication of existing generating capacity. That's because power must still be produced when the wind doesn't blow.

Why is it that the renewables industry has been allowed to press ahead with new solar and wind farms when there is no practical battery/storage technology known that can store the surplus power for when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow? A day of reckoning is coming when people finally realize that all of this investment is duplicating the existing power generating capacity with no hope of the renewables making it on their own... ever.

Chuck Norcutt