Re: [OM] DIY Auto Repair - Sounds like a good idea. Maybe

Subject: Re: [OM] DIY Auto Repair - Sounds like a good idea. Maybe
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 11:46:10 -0600
> That was indeed entertaining, Ken: mainly because I was reading it from the
> standpoint of someone who didn’t need to do that sort of work.  I’d make a
> dreadful mess, I’m sure.  Well done, chum.

Thanks. I consider this a watershed project (pardon the pun). It's
kinda like when I rode my first zipline. Internally, I was terrified
and tasting bile before even getting clipped in and then when my feet
touched the ground on the other side, it was pure relief that I
survived. Then the next time, it was run right on up, clip in, and
dive ahead. Now, it's almost boring. Had my daughters and wife not
been there to encourage me (yeah right, it was all about saving face),
I wouldn't have ever done it the first time.

I've done auto repairs before, it's not like I'm a total virgin. But
this is different in that I took on a project that seemed much bigger
than what I was capable of. In reality, without the guidance and help
this first time around, it was. The beauty of all this is that the
fear-mongering aspect of "no user-serviceable parts inside" is just
another case of the emperor's new clothes.

Now, to find an old 3-series fixer-upper...

AG