Re: [OM] Dark Dark Darkroom

Subject: Re: [OM] Dark Dark Darkroom
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 09:00:29 -0700
> From: "tOM Trottier" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> If you are moving to Canada, vs. visiting, then you can bring in all your 
> household stuff without 
> tax or duty.

If you have a Temporary Residence Permit (necessary to work for more than two 
weeks), they are quite forgiving, as long as it’s typical household stuff, and 
doesn’t look like it’s for resale or commercial use.

I worked in Ottawa for three years before permanent residence, arriving with a 
pickup truck crammed to the gills. They looked at my work permit and TRP, and 
said, “Now, you won’t be leaving any of this stuff in Canada, will you?” and I 
said, “Nope!” and crossed at Windsor with no problem.

If you’re bringing in a bunch of camera gear, I’d suggest distributing it among 
your household goods, so it doesn’t look like you’re going to set up shop for 
commercial photography.

:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op ::::

Options: http://lists.thomasclausen.net/mailman/listinfo/olympus
Archives: http://lists.thomasclausen.net/mailman/private/olympus/
Themed Olympus Photo Exhibition: http://www.tope.nl/

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>