Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Harvey

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Harvey
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 14:12:50 -0300
Back in the early 1970s I recall a storm in Hong Kong that dumped 36" of rain in 36 consecutive hours. With my arm extended and fingers raised it was difficult to see my finger tips.

In August 1971 Typhoon Rose came straight over Hong Kong delivering wind gusts as high as 170mph. I remember standing outside for about 15 minutes in the eye of the storm. The air was motionless. Cigarette smoke curled upwards without disturbance. An hour later one would be blown over in the wind. Vehicles were tossed around like confetti.

jh