Re: [OM] Another short tour [was testing times was redwoods!]

Subject: Re: [OM] Another short tour [was testing times was redwoods!]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 01:22:31 -0800
On 12/17/2017 4:55 AM, ChrisB wrote:
It looks great, Moose.

Thank you!

I particularly liked this scene:  C090438ROT.

Thanks. I like that spot, which changes over the seasons and years, and really loved the light that day. It's a tough spot to photograph, at least without stopping at some distance and walking. The road is narrow, with no shoulders, steep down on one side and steep up on the other, no place to pull off the pavement. There is very little traffic, but Carol was very nervous as I stopped, put hazard blinkers on (not much use on blind curve) and shot out the window.

This is country that turns brown in summer, and winter greening was just
starting, in spots.

I took me a while to transpose the lat/long into Google Maps, but it was worth
it as it works in 3D.

Oh dear. If you saw lat/long, you were in MooseFoto, as I posted in Google before geocoding. The thing is, I've already linked it to Google Maps. Just click on the word "Map" on the last line of image info, below lat/long.

I guess I need to get back into the code and make the link more obvious. :-)  I think perhaps I made it inconspicuous when I didn't know if it would work?

I like the evening shadows and the receding, winding road.

I was just wowed by the light that afternoon.

BTW, the geocoding is partially guesswork. I forgot to bring my "real" tracker, and somehow messed up the 'phone based one, so I guessed based on memory, GMaps and time from other, more obvious spots.

Hidden Link Moose