Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/1/2018: why the internet exists

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/1/2018: why the internet exists
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:32:50 +0000
At 20:07 29/01/2018, Nathan wrote:

In 1981 I was using one of the first IBM PCs. It was bought in Sears in Chicago and shipped to Ireland with a 220/110V transformer and one of every accessory card available.

At the time I had a small kitten named Clarissa. She liked to sit on top of the monitor, where it was nice and warm, while I worked. Every hour or so though she would climb down and stand on the edge of the keyboard. Every single time "www" appeared on the screen. This happened so often that she began to be called www instead of Clarissa.

Little did I realise at the time that my cat had invented the World Wide Web, around eight years before Tim Berners Lee stole the idea from a helpless kitten.

Mike Bloor