Re: [OM] IMG: Oak Tree Story

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Oak Tree Story
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 20:16:00 +0100
I had the opportunity to visit Salisbury Cathedral a couple  of weeks ago
(as recommended by Putin) and I took a guided tour of the tower and spire.
The massive oak cross beams that span the nave were pointed out, some about
45 meters long and perhaps 18” square cross section.

Through some sort of dna analysis (?) they found that they had been
imported from Ireland - because most of the decent-sized oaks across the
south of England had been used to build Navy ships. In fact it’s pretty
hard to find any trees in the “New Forest”...

Jez (novichok-free)