Re: [OM] Speaking of Color {was Olympus E-1 Color Magic]

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of Color {was Olympus E-1 Color Magic]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 16:11:47 -0700
On 4/19/2020 3:48 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Correct, of course. But if you can't tell that, preferred will do.
I'm guessing the lower-right corner is the "correct" one.

I don't know what one that is. It depends in part on device and screen pixel dimension, and in part on the mysterious workings of Google which is lower-right. If it matters to you, you can click the info icon and give a file name.

My point is that there IS no correct one. There was no GOD camera there, capturing the correct colors and brightnesses. Even moments earlier or later at that time of day, the colors would be different.

When I created these alternatives in 9/2015, it had already been ~4.5 years since the original shot had been made in 1/2011. Any useful memory that I might have had immediately after taking the photo was certainly long gone by then. I am generally very familiar with late afternoon light there, and can say that at least most of these alternatives could possibly be "correct".

Preferred? I like a couple of them, but it would really depend on how large
they're
going to get printed.

It's unlikely any will be printed. I could print this.
<https://photos.app.goo.gl/MxcKFZRbyRpjy4Zr8>

What is this Print of Which You Speak Moose