Re: [OM] OT: Throttled speed on ethernet extender

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Throttled speed on ethernet extender
From: usher99--- via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 00:44:39 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx>
Update:  I hope everyone isn't bored.
 I now have a gigabit switch.   Behavior is the same.  In review when I plugged
the Vera directly into the "extender"---MOCA PLUS wifi broadcaster with coax
backhaul to the main router---- speeds dropped to 10/10 wired and wifi.  I
finally tried unplugging the Vera from the switch and left everything else
plugged in and speeds were about 300/100 for a few minutes then dropped to
10/10 again!!!! Arghh.  If I just plug my laptop into the ethernet port on the
"extender" with no switch box plugged into it, speeds are fast.
 I have no clue what is going on but perhaps the Verizon MOCA adapter will fix
it having its own coax route back to the router.  The first tech support person
sent me a new "extender" and I dropped off the old one at a Verizon store, but
it behaved the same way.  The old extender did not do that so perhaps it
something with these devices.  This problem is above my pay grade.  Worst case
scenario suppose could run ethernet cable form the router and fish to the
switch but that would take a month to get someone here and probably 300 bucks
or so.  Any ideas?
Confuse a Mike