Re: [OM] OT: Throttled speed on ethernet extender-Update**3

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Throttled speed on ethernet extender-Update**3
From: usher99--- via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 18:40:11 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx>
Update to the update to the update.
Tried the MoCA adapter as trial run by swiping the Fios TC Coax to use for the
MoCA adapter Coax input.  Speeds on the laptop were great, then plugged my
Ethernet switch into the adapter.  At first it didn't work but I noticed one of
the Ethernet ports was a different color and read the directions.(I recalled
the sign in my organic chem lab--"If all else fails, read the directions.")
The colored port was for Ethernet output from the router, if required.  Why
someone would buy a Moca adapter and not use Coax is beyond me, but I suppose
it can double as a three way switch.  Anyway, the extender was then happy with
the switch-box taken away from it and all the devices seemed fine with high
speed, as best I could tell.  I had to reboot everything though--different IP
address?
 I don't understand any nuances of this problem, but I will proceed with
ordering a 3 way splitter for the Coax and hope the problem is solved.  If I
plug the laptop into the Moca adapter while the switch is plugged in as well
get about 800/800 so it seems to negotiate speeds OK.  The extender would
throttle the wired speed and wifi to 10/10. Why the MOCa  adapter works and the
Verizon extender does not is a mystery but Verizon blamed my gear.  At least I
talked them into paying half for the MOCA adapter.
In the midst of a speedy recovery, Mike