Re: [OM] More Photos (less gear)

Subject: Re: [OM] More Photos (less gear)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:11:46 -0700
On 3/28/2024 5:43 AM, Frank wrote:
Nice, I do like the thin dof ones.

Most of those are what one might call manipulated DoF. I take a stack of frames/slices, to get the subject all in focus. By shooting wide open, f1.2, I get lovely background bokeh. The stack for the pink spherical blossom, top, right, is 91 frames! Close focus, deep 3D subject f1.2 means razor thin DoF in each frame. The first one, just that small, about to open blossom, is 15 slices, but oooh, that bokeh!

If I shoot @ f5.6 (f11 in FF DoF), it takes far fewer slices, but two things are different. The background is not as creamy and the fine detail is slightly edgier.

Spring is not really here in the Netherlands yet, unfortunately.

Friends in Maine just sent a video of their roof being cleared of over 2 feet
of snow.

Here in coastal mid-California, spring often starts in January, in terms of plants and trees flowering. We suffer through it.  🙂

The local arboretum had some blossoms and magnolia's in bloom though
<https://www.jottacloud.com/share/l9meu0ss4vit>.

A lot of bare stuff, but I see rhodos, dogwood, and cherry in bloom, and the
magnolias just about open.

Our spring was unusually late this year, lots of rain and a bit cool. I hope
yours is great!

Slice and Dice Moose