Re: [OM] Adapter PEN F lens to OM camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] Adapter PEN F lens to OM camera?
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:28:36 -0700
Clive Warren wrote:

> At 6:59 am -0700 15/4/98, Rand E. Tomcala wrote:

snip  snip snip

> Quick reply there Rand, good to hear that others are still using Pens -
> Boris was asking a slightly diferent question though.  I haven't ever come
> across a PEN F lens to OM body converter, and wonder whether the coverage
> of a PEN F lens would be sufficient for full-frame without introducing too
> much edge fuzz?

  You are right Clive, I guess I was just so tickled to see someone else
at least trying to do things with the very inovative Olympus Pen F
series camera.  I have no doubt that many of the things they learned on
the Pen F series made our beloved OM cameras possible.
  I think that you are also correct in your "somewhat disbelief" in the
possibility of a Pen F lens to OM body adapter.  My Pen F body to OM
lens adapter is about 0.625" face to face.  If I understand things
correctly that would mean that the Pen F lens would have to move "IN"
that same distance on an OM body to retain full focusing.  Doesn't sound
too likely to me.
  I value my Pen F to OM adapter fairly high.  I was at a show (DC area)
quite recently and this one dealer had one for sale.  I picked it up and
was agout to purchase it at the sticker price and was myself put into
shock when it was pointed out to me that I had misread the sticker and I
had dropped a 0 in the price, it wasn't $20.  This guy was totally out
of wack, the normal price seems to be from about $40 to $70.  I myself
would like to add the pentax adapter to my OM and Nikon ones.  I will
however keep an eye out for one for you.
Rand E.