Re: [OM] SoCal, anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] SoCal, anyone?
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 00:12:11 -0800
Dear Olympians/Zuiks:

Some time ago I inquired  re: interest in a SoCal OLY event.
Several Southlanders replied as follows:

>Sounds like a great idea.

>I'd be interested in a So Cal Oly event.

>Sounds interesting. How about timing it and location to the
>Buena Park auction?

>The really logical get together is for a Buena Park Camera Show.
>I hear they are the biggest of the camera shows in So. California.

>Someone suggested Buena Park as a meeting point. That would be
>great for me

Ok, ok, I get the point :-)  So much for an opporunity to have
a high-minded, civilized gathering centering on intellectual
pursuits, aesthetics, and the art of photography... No, ma'am,
give us some red meat ... uhm, I meant -- some bargain-priced
OM/Zuiko toys!

All righty then: I realize that the proverbial beast must fed.
Soooo, the next Buena Park camera show takes place on May 24.
As some of you know, this is a BIG show. Usually, the doors
open at 10am, and it's all over by 4pm.

The dichotomy is that if one wants a shot at a rare, hard to
find piece, one has to be there early. OTOH, if one is after
a bargain price on a fairly common gear -- then it's best to
show up late, when the dealers become more uhm... motivated?

I'll assume that most SoCal Zuiks and guests are after cheap
thrills. Soooo, how about meeting around 4pm at the north
entrance to the Sequoia Lodge? Each one will get a chance to
swap war stories, brag about their most recent conquests...
oops, I meant: purchases, etc.

Red meat can also be had at the nearby Fuddruckers. Hey, what
did you expect, haute cuisine?  This is Buena Park -- home to
Knotts Berry Farms, and a neighbor of the Big Rat (Disneyland).

Anyone who plans to attend, pls post asap your intentions or
drop me a line in private.

P.S. Foreign visitors (Clive, or is it Clint now?), and others
who tire of wallowing in the guilty pleasures of Las Vegas,
are welcome to join us.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA