[OM] Golden Rule...

Subject: [OM] Golden Rule...
From: KRIS GARREN <KGARREN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:00:41 -0400
My new Golden Rule of Photography: Never use new equipment
when you are photographing an important event, always go with
the tried and true!!  Even if you think the new equipment MIGHT
get you better quality photo's.

I recently purchased a bracket a hotshoe with PC Adapter and
a hotshoe with PC cord to get my flash off camera for my OM-10.
I tested it at home and it seemed to be working fine.  But when the
big event happened (my daughters Kindergarten graduation), the
shutter would not sync up.  So the flash fired but the shutter speed
was at the metered speed of 1 second.  I think it was working initially
and then stopped.  I noticed something didn't seem right, but being
am amateur, was too concerned with getting the shot at the moment.
I haven't taking the film to the lab yet but suspect that it's a goner!  If
I didn't get allot of camera shake due to the slow shutter speed, it should
be overdeveloped because the shutter sync speed was 1 second.

I also used by new 35-105mm Tokina which I couldn't focus quick enough
to get the good pictures.

Boy was that a frustrating night!  Should I trade in my OM-10 for an OM
that has easier focusing?

Any and all comments are very welcome!

Thanks,

Kris