Re: [OM] Blank generation

Subject: Re: [OM] Blank generation
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:23:13 -0700
I just looked at it.  I'm no expert and can find no logical basis to argue
against
it.  xcept that  it is very generic in tone.  No particular test data are cited.
He says 'prints commonly last generations' - What prints? Fujicolor? Cibachrome?
How many generations? 1? 2? 20? Also, '150 years before objectionable fading'
again Which type of prints? All of 'em? Only 1 type?
The numbers are much more optimistic than anything I've seen.  Maybe that's his
point.  But, who's to judge what's objectionable?  I've seen another data set in
Darkroom Techniques magazine recently which had Cibachrome at about 30 years
longevity and Evercolor and Iris approaching 100.  Course those 2 cost $400 or
so
for the first print! And, I don't recall what the actual measurement criteria
was
to arrive at these numbers.  Was the author referring to Iris prints? or
Koda/Fuji/Agfa Color?

george