Re: [OM]80 macro & theRain Forest

Subject: Re: [OM]80 macro & theRain Forest
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 01:36:30 +0800
> As C.H. Ling pointed out, the 80 mm Zuiko performs better at infinity
than a
> 90 mm macro that focus to infinity, but goes to 1:1 with adapter.  Maybe
the
> only one that could ever be in the same class as the Zuiko was a Vivitar
> Series 1 with a matching 1:1 adapter utilizing a specialized optical
formula
> within the adapter.  But that combo has a zillion elements!
>
>> Gary Reese
> Las Vegas, NV

Sorry Gary, are the two lens swapped (80mm<->90mm), I have no experience
with the Zuiko 80mm Macro but I think 90mm macro works better than the 80mm
macro at infinity. As Olympus does not design this lens (80mm) to work at
infinity and even up to 0.09 magnification (with bellows) is suggested as a
non professional method only, so the quality of this lens must be poorer
at lower magnification.

C.H.Ling