Re: [OM] ritvax faq´s , was: 80 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] ritvax faq´s , was: 80 macro
From: Siri Bjoner <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 12:44:39 +0200
At 05:20 +0200 on 28.06.98, John Petrush wrote:

> I just came across a most interesting FAQ located at
> http://www.algonet.se/~bengtha/photo/rit.edu/FAQ26.txt
> Actually, its a series of faq's ranging from ..../faq13.txt to
> ...../faq34.txt for the interested reader.  There is no particular rhyme or
> reason to the subjects, and some of the material is a bit dated, but its
> interesting.  Anyway, faq26 has a fairly detailed discussion regarding
> diffraction and resolution.  I'll got through the math sometime later when I
> have more time, but I thought some of you might like another perspective

Welcome to the mirror site of RITPHOTO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx! They have an (as
you found out) extensive series of faq´s, covering most ground that may (or
may not) be of interest for us all. Each faq has from 5 to 25 sections, so
there is plenty of info to be found!

They have a autoreply function as follows:

>                              RITPHOTO   PLAN
>
> This is a site containing  instructions on how to retrieve information about
> Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Photographic Arts and Sciences
> and several other services, such as PhotoForum, available through e-mail.
>
> To receive additional information on the subjects listed below send a message
> to RITPHOTO@xxxxxxx with the following items in the Subj: line of the message
>
> RIT$txt         : for information about the Rochester Institute of Technology
> SPAS$txt        : Photo programs in the School of Photographic Arts and
>Sciences
> CIS$txt         : a file of Graduate Programs in Imaging Science
> SEMINARS$txt    : information about RIT photo-imaging seminars and workshops
> WORKSHOP$txt    : a file about a free photo/imaging workshop for HS teachers
>
> PHOTOFORUM$txt  : info on + how to subscribe to this photo information
>exchange
> DATABASE$txt    : for listings of photo-education programs nationwide and
>more
> JOBS$txt        : list of positions & students or grads available for
>employment
> FAQ$txt         : a file of PhotoForum related FAQs related to photography
> ARTICLES$txt    : text files of various articles available at this mailserver
>
> RITPHOTO$txt    : this file is a pictorial layout (by path and file name) of
>                   all the files available from the   ritphoto@xxxxxxx   site.
>                   (for the time being we have decided to include it below)
>
> Each of the above major headings leads, in turn, to additional files
>associated
> with the major headings listed above.
>
> ------->  Note that the server only accepts one request per message.
><--------

For this file, send a mail that should look like this:

> To: ritphoto@xxxxxxx
> From: sirib@xxxxx (Siri Bjoner)
> Subject: infophoto
> Bcc:
Or mail me, I`ve got all the faq´s collected on my machine... ;-)

siri.

mailto:sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx fone: +47 9010 4635 fax: +47 9030 6420