Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly is in a hole

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly is in a hole
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 01:09:24 EDT
Bill Rice writes:

> I haven't had the same experience with my local Olympus service center
>  (Rolling Medows, IL).  The service there has always been top notch.  Never
>  longer than 4 - 5 days.  Heck, sometimes they would do a minor CLA for
free.
>  And it was never a problem to drop in on a Friday afternoon and have the
>  shutter speeds adjusted on the OM-4 before a weekend of shooting.

I'll second that.  I've dropped in with my equipment many a year immediately
after Christmas (when visiting the family).  Ron Modjeski and crew did a good
job with the old stuff until Oly America pulled the plug on obsolete model
repairs.  Repairs sent via UPS were generally done within two days.  They knew
I wanted pro level service and gave it to me.  I got shutter and meter checks
just by walking in.  I think I have one of the larger database records in
their system.  Virtually everything I have has been in to them.  The pain of
service charges was always tempered by their name recognition of me year after
year when I would stop in.

If I recall, OM-4 is no longer serviced.  Just OM-3Ti and OM4-T and Ti.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV