Re: [OM] Zuiko TOP TEN

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko TOP TEN
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 16:44:50 +1000
It all depends on cost and what you're photoing. I try for macro, some
scenics (not many) and some wildlife.

Myself, I'd use

1) 28mm 2.8 or 3.5 (very rarely have I wanted to go wider. Some list members
have other views on this lens)

2) 35mm f2.8 (I don't have one and would like one)

3) 50mm macro f2. If the macro f2 costs too much, 50mm f3.5 macro and a 50mm
f1.8 (sometimes you need the extra aperture)

4) 90mm macro (Oly is very steep. I have an old solid Tamron with 49mm
filter. It's OK, and 1/3 price of Oly)

5) 200mm f4 or f5. I want an f5 (I think)

6) 300mm f4.5

7) 2X-A

8)1.4X

9) 25mm auto tube

10) T28 flash. I do not have one, and am willing to sell kidneys to obtain
one. (The kidneys will not necessarily be mine!)

If you are after a zoom, try the 35-105. If I see one at a good price I'll
buy it. So this recommendation is not from personal experience.

I also have a 75-150 that I rarely use. But it was one of the few lenses
that didn't fail in some way in the extreme cold.

Foxy