Re: [OM] T10 Ring Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] T10 Ring Flash
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 15:09:48 EDT
Hi Mahlon:

> They were shooting the model against the glass block wall, and were using a
>  rather large ring flash (of the indirect variety, using a circular
>  reflector) on the camera for, I imagine, shadowless fill.

Sounds like a setup allowing for cross-polarization of the light from the
flash, thus allowing for no ghost of the flash on the glass wall.  The
technique would be to have a polarizer on the reflector of the ring flash
orientated at a right angle to a polarizer on the lens.  I understand it so
weakly that I'm sure I'm missing something here - but it sounds like an
interesting shoot, technically speaking.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV