Re: [OM] Half Stops on Zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] Half Stops on Zuikos
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 11:05:42 GMT
On Sat, 8 Aug 1998 06:38:08 +0100, Chris Barker
<cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>A question for the Zuiko historians on the list.  Did Zuikos ever have 1/2
>>stop detents on the aperture ring?  I remember a neighbor of mine who had an
>>OM-1 MD with a 50/1.4 that I swear had 1/2 stops.  Is this true or is my
>>memory playing tricks on me.
>>
>>Bill Rice
>>RLB, Illinois
>
>Mine doesn't: 50/1.4,  G.Zuiko AUTO S.
>
>Chris

This 'half stop' lens was probably custom made, or modified.

I have seen a 600mm lens, which had been modified for half stops.
The modification was small: a bearing ball snaps into small holes in
one of the inner rings when turning the aperture ring, and drilling a
few extra holes did the job on the 600...
I have also seen lenses with the ball taken out completely, making any
aperture ring position possible without any preference for the well
known f-stops.

Frank van Lindert,
Utrecht - Holland

(back from holiday/vacation)