Re: [OM] FS: OLYMPUS 18mmF3.5 MC Zuiko Lens **NEW** on eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: OLYMPUS 18mmF3.5 MC Zuiko Lens **NEW** on eBay
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:33:01 EDT
Frank wrote:

> I can imagine that Robert must be desperate after all fruitless
>  efforts to sell his beatiful lens

Without making any further comments on the pricing for this specific item -
One way of looking at this is that OLY has set way too high a price on its
equipment relative to what it sold for in the recent past!  The private sale
used market is hot because it hasn't totally caught up with those price
increases.  Few want to pay the new prices now that they have been raised so
much.  Since there are still sellers out there who remember what they paid for
their equipment and are satisfied to sell for that amount or less, we have
large differences in selling prices.  Frankly (no pun intended) we might have
been better off price wise if Oly just dropped the OM System all at once.
Their 11th hour price increases only serve to chaotically inflate used prices.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV