Re: [OM] Digital OM-5?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital OM-5?
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 17:29:02 -0500
Richard wrote:
<<Interesting, what type of b+w kit did you use?
I once used a b+w reversal kit too, but mine took 1 hour to proccess and
had included 6 baths, some of them cancerogenic and poisonous.
The slides were also an dissapointment, because the substrate of normal
b+w negativ film is coloured, which makes the slides less briliant.>>

I used a portable homemade setup that allowed me to process a 12exposure
roll of Tri-X in a few minutes.  Didn't even bother fixing.  We would look
at the negs to determine hotspots and proper densities.  Cheapest, fastest
solution we could find.  Essentially, we would have a neg to look at in
probably five minutes of the test shoot.

The Poloroid 35mm "instant" film isn't fast, nor is it cheep.  Besides, the
latitude didn't match anything else that we used.

Ken N.