[OM] Model release update

Subject: [OM] Model release update
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:18:03 +0000
Just thought I would give an update on the model release business I
raised a little while ago.

To recap:

I took a couple of photos of a "stilt walker performing in a public
place".

I liked one of the resulting images and thought it might be nice to
put it in the gallery as it showed off the fine capabilities of the
135mm f2.8 zuiko as a candid portrait lens.

After going to some lengths I managed to find out who the subject in
the photograph was and their phone number.

I approached the person about obtaining his permission to put the
photo in the gallery and he was a bit reluctant as he works with
young people.  I got the impression he was uncomfortable lest the
photo be used in some  derogatory or seedy context.   I asked if he
had access to the net and he said he did at work so I suggested he
take a look at the gallery to alleviate his fears.  He agreed to do
so and I gave him the URL.

Many weeks passed and I called a couple of times to see if he had
managed to view the site.  Finally he just said that he was
uncomfortable with the whole idea and would rather the photo not be
used.  I suspect he never remembered or bothered to look at the
gallery.

This whole process - from taking the photo to now - has taken five
months.

Now you and I know why there are so few shots of people in the
gallery.

Giles