Re: [OM] Re: Moonrise, Hernandez (was "Best six dollars" etc.)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Moonrise, Hernandez (was "Best six dollars" etc.)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 14:21:53 -0600
At 08:01 AM 12/12/1998 -0800,

Then said Matthias:
>> I think that the advantage of the medium format is greater in colour slides
>> than in black and white. If you extend the 35mm format, the results in
>> black and white can be great, for example if you use modern films with
>> t-crystals or the kodak technical pan as picture film (there are special
>> developers to achieve pictures from this document film).

Hi Matthias:

I'm sure you are right. What's good for the goose is good for the gander,
as we say. However, I wasn't dissatisfied with the results I was getting
with Kodachrome and printing on Cibachrome; but I was dissatisfied with the
B&W results I was getting with almost every film in 35mm format. This was
of course 10 years ago.

Thank you for the tip on technical pan. I have one B&W photo posted in the
Olympus gallery using T-Max film which I fancy is OK.  I'm planning to get
back into B&W landscape and try some of these new media.

On the "Which Camera On a Desert Island" thread -- the OM-1.  I have a
weakness for these like some people have for stray cats.  And they treat me
better.  The "can't find a battery" objection is now obsolete (depending
where you're located), since John H. of Camtech can convert them to work
with 357's for next to nothing.

Cheers,

Joel