[OM] Looking For Info on Pen System

Subject: [OM] Looking For Info on Pen System
From: joel2@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 11:21:57 -0600
Hi I'm interested in picking up an Olympus Pen F for a specific application,
but I'm trying to find some info on the web somewhere
first.  If anyone could drop me some web addresses it would be greatly
appreciated.

Anyway I'm assuming since the pen takes half frame pictures that the reduces
negative size has an effect on focal lengths.  A 250mm for
example would become a 500mm (35mm equivalent) for example and as a result not
just the camera would be compact but the entire system
would tend to be smaller?  So that whooping big 800mm that was made for the Pen
should be equal to a 1600mm in standard full frame 35mm
format?  Correct me if I'm wrong on that score.

The application I have in mind is really pretty straight forward.  I like to
sneak in cameras at rock concerts.  I don't sell the
resultant photos commercially I just like to take a few personal photos.  With
point and shoots you end up with pictures of ants in some
of todays mega stadium shows.
I got caught once sneaking in a Minolta XD-11 with a 250mm mirror lens about
the size of a standard 50mm into a Rolling Stones concert in
Minneapolis (I then smuggled it in at another gate).  By shooting some of
Fuji's 800 speed Pro film I got some decent shots but basically
the image quality on the 250 mirror isn't great compared to other "normal"
non-mirror lenses.

What I'm interested in is using say a 135mm on an Olympus Pen in an attempt to
get the equivalent  of a 270mm in 35mm full frame.  Most
of my prints don't go over 8x10 anyway so the enlargement aspect shouldn't be a
problem.

Another concern I have is over what type of batteries the various models took?
I won't touch a mercury 626 with a ten foot pole from
what I've read on the web so far.

Anyway I'm looking for ideas and opinions on the Olympus Pen system and would
appreciated any feedback.

Thanks
Curt