[OM] Silver oxide 357 batteries in Germany

Subject: [OM] Silver oxide 357 batteries in Germany
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 19:06:27 +0100
Matthias Wilke wrote:

> Who is the manufacturer of this miraculous 357 silver oxide batteries. Are
> they available in Europe, especially Germany ?

357 cells are designed for watches, Varta produces them but recomends
there V76 for photographic use. Most likely you will find it at
jewellery shops. Another source is the swiss producer of watch batteries
Renata, there 357 cell is available at Conrad.

>Is there a difference to
> other silver oxide batteries of this size and voltage ?

357 and V76 cells belong both to the SR44 category Olympus has designed
the OMs for. I personaly could never notice an difference in battery
life between 357 and V76 cells.

Regards

Richard