Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: George Conklin <gconklin@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 10:59:59 -0800
Thanks for your considered responses to all the thrash about '...wish for...'

It has been interesting to see the shift away from digital displays where
speed and accuracy are important.

If you look at the displays in the 'glass cockpit' of modern aircraft you
will find video display screens have replaced instrument dials.  However,
the video displays are pretty much analog dials.  Only digital clock displays
I see these days tend to be on advertising signs. TIME/TEMP/TIME/TEMP

One comment on OM ergonomics.  I have used Olympus for 20+ years, having
migrated down (in size) from a 4x5 Graflex, a 4x5 Speed Graphic, a couple
of Rollies, then landing in 35mm Olympus land.  A couple of months ago I was
doing some intensive photographing in Palestine, mainly kids in school
classes and playing plus a lot of scenics. I carried two OM-2n and
one OM-4t with me.  The 2s were mainly back up, but several times I used
a 24 mm on one body and zoom on the OM-4t for flexibility.  Switching
quickly between bodies was a real chore.  I decided I needed to get
another OM-4t so I would not be confused as to which body I had in hand.

  George in Berkeley, saving toward that second 4