Re: [OM] OM4 multi-spot; bandwidth

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 multi-spot; bandwidth
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 04:00:49 -0500

I think the idea is this:

If you want to meter off a mid-tone, take one or two spot readings off
it/them;

If you need a highlight, spot read off the highlight and use the button
(which works well for me);

If you are interested in the various effects that the scene gives, keep
taking spot readings and observe the resulting exposure; compare it with
what your experience tells you should be right and take the photo.  I do
this mostly in Auto.

To my way of thinking, the number or readings does not matter after a while
with the third instance.

Please feel free to tell me where I am out to lunch, because I am always
ready to learn...>>

Hi Chris...

I don't think you're 'out to lunch'. I think there are many different ways
of obtaining a correct exposure with the 4/4t. Different strokes, etc.
That's what impresses me; the fact that the camera supports so many
different working styles...

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com