[OM] Some orphans

Subject: [OM] Some orphans
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:43:04 -0500
While I was sitting at home with the flu, I was cleaning out a desk drawer.
 In it I found my old A11 and A16 flash units for my lost XA.  They are
orphans in need of a home or two.
Facts as I know them:
1. I tested the A11 with a battery.  It charges and the charge indicator
lights.  Discharging it by shorting the contacts causes the A11 to recycle
as I think it should.
2. Testing the A16 the same way does not achieve the same results.  With
fresh batteries in the unit, it will recycle and put out a strong flash,
BUT, no charge indicator ever comes on.  I have checked with ammeter and
flash is definitely recharging within 10 seconds to full charge.  BUT, the
charge indicator never lights up.
3. Both units reduce power when set from full to 100 or 400 ASA.

If anyone wants to purchase one or both of these, let me know.  You can
play with them for a while and return them if they will not function
correctly with an XA camera.
Also, I will be on vacation from Feb 22 until March 3, so shipping
capabilities are close to limited right now.  But, let me know if
interested.
Brian Huber
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx