Re: [OM] PMA Show Report

Subject: Re: [OM] PMA Show Report
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:44:43 +0200
Gary wrote:

>The Leica R8 is an utter monster!  Besides Olympus, Leica is likely to go home
>sans a few items.  They had equipment all over the counters and too few folks
>to watch over it.  There was a 90mm Colorplan Pro lens on a Pradovit project
>that had to be the biggest 35mm projection lens for its focal length that I've
>ever seen.  The 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M Aspherical was really bizzare, with its
>concave front element.

The Colorplan Pro is also big in price, I use a Pradovit CA 1500 with the
"normal" Colorplan which costed a third or less of the Pro version, I don't
know, if the standard version is still available (the projector is one of
those Pradovits with the very short dark period between the slides, a lot
of tinking was necessary for me to get it working with this second hand
projector I use, but now it's very nice. I don't think, that Leica still
delivers projectors with the short dark period technique).
Between a convex as usual and a concave front element, there are sometimes
plan front elements like that of the Pentax FA 28-70mm 1:4. Maybe it has to
do with the aspherical (hybrid) rear side of this lens ?

Matthias