Re: [OM] Zuikoholics Anonymous 12-Steps

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikoholics Anonymous 12-Steps
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 23:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Ken Norton wrote:

> 12-step program lightly adapted to Zuikoholics Anonymous.

  Brother Ken, we thank you for the futile resistance you provide...

> Step 1:  We admitted we were powerless over our addictive behavior - that
> our camera bags have become unmanageable.

  Well, in my case, just the bags themselves (empty) are eating up a lot
of room.

> Step 2:  Came to believe that a Power Greater than ourselves could restore
> us to sanity.

  Um...I pray facing East to Maitani at sunrise... Sanity ? What IS it,
anyway ?

> Step 3:  Made a decision to "turn our cameras and our lenses over to the
> care and direction of God, as we understood God".

  Goddess told me She didn't want THAT much stuff, but kept an OM-3 and
the 28/2.0, said She didn't need film.

> Step 4:  Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our camera bags.

  Come on ! Life's too short...

> Step 5:  Admitted to God, to ourselves, and other list members the exact
> nature of our wrongs.

  Over-reaching a bit here, aren't we ? I think Zuikoholics know exactly
the nature of our riii...er...wrongs.

> Step 6:  Were ready to have God (and other list members) remove these
> defects of character. (ie, extra lenses and bodies)

  I can see my road to Hell is (hopefully) paved with OM stuff. Not, not,
NOT ready for this step.

> Step 7:  Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings (and extreme
> wide-angles).

  HAhhahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa...besides, Goddess' a sharpness freak, so
She wouldn't want the rest of mine.

> Step 8:  Make a list of people we had harmed, and become willing to make
> amends to them all.

  This one's easy. I guess we all apologize to each other for enabling
our addiction...

> Step 9:  Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when
> to do so would injure them or others.   Also known as the "give all your
> 50/1.8 lenses away to those you have hurt or offended" step.

  Um...BBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbut...this will have to wait till I nab a
50/2.0 Mac.

> Step 10:  Continue to take inventory of your equipment and upon purchasing
> yet another fungied lens, promptly admit it. (A daily step)

  I carefully check for the dreaded molds...so far so good.

> Step 11:  Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our pictures, to
> increase our photographic knowledge and and perfect lighting conditions. (A
> daily step)

  Amen.

> Step 12:  Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we
> tried to carry this message to persons suffering with addictive behavior
> and practice these principles in all of our affairs. (A daily step)

   I am selflessly  sacrificing myself in order to liberate others from
their terrible addictions. Doris, aka: "Sin-catcher" Fang is willing to
pay for mail & shipping of all your drugs...er...Zuikos and OMs. Cleanse
yourselves NOW.
                                         Sister Doris;-)