Re: [OM] Arcane Question No. 1: 50/1.8 as loupe

Subject: Re: [OM] Arcane Question No. 1: 50/1.8 as loupe
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:52:53 -0700
At 11:19 AM 5/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Am I the ONLY person on the list that doesn't own any 50mm lens?  I guess
>I'm a reformed zuikoholic!  Isn't "Step 9" to give away your 50/1.8 lenses
>to every person on the Oly list whom you have offended?
>
>Ken (sans-50) Norton
>
>Kenneth E. Norton
>Image66 Photography, Broadcast Consulting and Audio Engineering

Ken,

I just rediscovered my 50mm 1.8 thanks to Doris Fang's comments. Had been
using a 35 - 70 as a standard. When I put the old (1976 SC) 50 on and went
walking for a day it was amazing. Now keep it on the camera (but have
others close by) as my standard again. Try it, you might just surprise
yourself.
Barry