Re: [OM] OM-2s flash only fires in manual/spot mode?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2s flash only fires in manual/spot mode?
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 08:59:14 -0400
Henry,
You got a correct answer from others saying that your assumption
regarding AUTO mode was incorrect.  I don't think anyone said, however,
that your assumption about PROGRAM mode and flash is correct.  Just to
be clear, I quote from Shipman on the OM-2s:

"With Olympus T-series flash units, a "lightning" symbol at the top of
the display glows when the flash is charged.  With the flash on TTL auto
and the camera on PROGRAM, shutter speed is set automatically to 1/60
and aperture is set according to a built-in program.

With the flash on TTL auto and the camera on AUTO, set aperture manually
to produce a shutter-speed indication in the viewfinder of 1/60 or
slower.  At indicated shutter speeds faster than 1/60, the flash will
not fire but exposure will be made correctly with ambient light."

Hope this finds that both PROGRAM and AUTO modes are working correctly.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA