[OM] Projecting a good image

Subject: [OM] Projecting a good image
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:47:52 -0700
Kelton asked rhetorically:

>I've tuned out the past couple of digests, and see that in the meantime
>we have produced the thousandth olympus digest! Wow, are we a bunch of
>windbags or what? (Question: Once the light has gone out, should you
>allow the windbag to continue blowing?)

Or, if a windbag deflates in the forest, does it make a sound and what kind
of sound is it? :-)

About the fan cooling down period, it does not seem to me that, a separate
fan switch would  be provided unless it had a purpose. It is not to cool
off the blown bulb for removal. The fan will continue to function without a
separate switch after the bulb blows. And I don't know anyone who would
wait around any way. Open the thing  and pull the sucker out using a piece
of cloth. It is obviously there for cool down after the slide show and is
put in by the engineers who designed it regardless of what the instructions
may say.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA