Re: [OM] slide projector handling OT now

Subject: Re: [OM] slide projector handling OT now
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:33:44 EDT
In a message dated 6/21/99 8:13:41 PM EST, cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I am getting the idea that this and moving the
 projector before it would have time to cool down by itself are the
 reasons for the fan only setting.
  As Spocks brother said "Live long and learn".

 Charlie L.

YES. It's not so much the temperature rising or falling slowly/fast, etc.
Some people misunderstand and think the rapid change in temp. is bad. Think
of your car in -30 degree F Alaska- you turn on your halogen headlight- it's
-30 F, and then it heats up rapidly (without a built-in fan!) does it blow
out? no, not really. The "fan only" is there on a projector because people
would be done with the slideshow, then move the projector ( put it away). The
fan lets you get into the habit of cooling it before you move it and bump it
(as is what occurs in the real world.) It's not just the temperature, it's
the temperature and the bump that blows the bulb.
Trust me. The info I gave is not speculation, it's fact. It is right out of
my Accident Investigator's Textbook, published by Northwestern University. We
as fatal accident investigators, need to determine if a vehicle's
headlights/stop lights, etc were on or off just prior to the accident. Also
if the accident broke the bulb, or was the bulb blown before the accident. We
spent about three days of the school recently on just bulbs and filaments!

        George S.