Re: [OM] (Fwd) Re: Contax AX question

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Re: Contax AX question
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:38:34 +0100
Tom Trottier wrote:

>>Also, why don't the cameras which load automatically initially wind all
>>the film to the take-up spool, then start taking pictures, going
>>"backwards" - then the camera would know exactly how many frames are
>>left. Perhaps some do?

With the Kodak Retinas, after you've loaded a new film and taken the two
blank exposures, you set the film counter to 36 or 24 and it counts down so
that you know how many are left. When it reaches zero, it locks the film
transport to prevent you heaving the film out of its cassette.

Not all progress brings improvement (but I wish they'd invented rewind
cranks in time to fit them to Retinas!)

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx