RE: [OM] Need info on OM dedicated Sunpak 433D

Subject: RE: [OM] Need info on OM dedicated Sunpak 433D
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 18:02:20 -0400
Thought I had this all understood about Sunpak flashes.   After more
checking, I find that Gary is right.  I had info on the 422D which does have
removable module.  I had assumed the 433D would be the same. DUH!
As Gary mentioned, the 444D does have modular shoe.

I would not compare Vivitar 283 or 285 with the Sunpak 4xx flash units.
That would be better done with the 3700, 4600 or 5x00 flashes that have
interchangeable modules.  The 3200, 3300, 3500, 3700 as well as the 4600
have the same module (D/x).  The 5200 and 5600 have the P/xx module.  Both
series allow a DSC-x adapter that permits TTL off-camera flash.
There is also a macro adapter using fiber optics to allow close monitoring
of flash at subject.

Someone also asked about using a 283 on an OM-10.  The question seemed to
hinge on power of flash through shoe into the camera electronics.  An easy
way to tell if the flash trigger voltage is too high is to place your tongue
on the flash shoe, turn on the flash and then trigger it with the open flash
button.  If you burned a hole in your tongue, the voltage would have been
too much for the camera. ;-).  JUST JOKING!

Brian P. Huber

bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx
Troy, OH