Re: [OM] Bounce Grip 2 / motor drive question

Subject: Re: [OM] Bounce Grip 2 / motor drive question
From: Malcolm Clay <claym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:25:29 -0500
At 11:58 AM 7/21/99 -0600, you wrote:

>You don't have any problems with "ripple"? (that's what we call it in
Denmark -
>sounds kinda english, so I assume it is). You know, where in fact pushing the
>contact generates not just a single - but an unintended sequence of rather
>short contacts, before the connection is permanent.

Hummm...I haven't had any kind of trouble with it so far, seems to fire the
shutter fine both in single and sequence mode. I've been using the
home-built remote cable for a number of years and it doesn't seem to have
had any adverse effects. (At least none that show...yet.)

>I could ask more specifically: what currency is required through the wire in
>order for the camera to fire? Yes, I am initially wondering how long I can
make
>it and which cable I should be using....

I would guess it would be 6 volts (the internal power supply) -- I'll hook
up my fluke and see if I can get a reading. I wouldn't expect there to be
that much of a fall-off in current, but maybe we can extrapolate for longer
cables.