Re: [OM] Am I nuts?

Subject: Re: [OM] Am I nuts?
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:27:51 -0700
Great thread Ken! I too have been agonizing over the same decisions for
more than a year now. Only recently, have I decided that for the
forseeable future I see no reason to switch from OMs to anything else. I
started seriously learning about photography when I was about 12 years
old. (1970) I got my first OM1 when I was about 14 when they first came
out (and still have it...a super-low serial number example that still
works great). When I shoot motorsports today, I am far from the "best
equipped" out there but I am able to travel light, my results are good
in my (and more importantly my clients) opinion, and my equipment has
never let me down--ever. Each time I pick up one of these latest
greatest brick "wunder-cameras" they don't have the feeling of quality
that I expect and am used to. Only the super high-buck AF lenses feel
like they have any decent build quality at all. I have decided that I
will build on the OM system I currently have for now, and if and when I
can afford/justify big bucks for new stuff...it will go towards a medium
format system, not 35mm. For 35mm shooting I see no reason for me to
switch now. Don't change horses in the middle of the stream as they
say...

Now then, in a message dated 10/18/1999 "Charles Loeven"