Re: [OM] Voigtlander VS Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] Voigtlander VS Zuiko
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 16:17:12 -0800
"Keith (R.K.) Berry" wrote:

> John A. Lind wrote:
>
> >...I believe the VSL 3 dates to Rollei ownership years of Voigtlander and
> was
> >among the last 35mm SLR's made by them.  It has a kinship to the Rollei
> >SL35E (and should not be confused with the earlier SL35M or SL35ME...
>
> I remember these being around at the time I bought my first OM-1. In the UK
> the same camera was offered as a Voigtlander  in chrome or as a Rollei in
> black - otherwise identical and at the same price. I briefly considered
> buying one but the accessory range was very limited. They weren't available
> for long.

I bought my daughter a chrome Rolleiflex SL35 in 1994. Sturdy
lightweight body with Rollei 50 / 1.4 lens. Nice sharp photos. How is
this model related to the SL35E, SL35M and SL35ME and how would I tell
if the SL35 is really a Rollei or a Voigtlander?

Back in the early 80s during trip to the UK I bought a Voigtlander
Vitomatic II w/ 50 / 2.8 color skopar lens for 40 UKP. That really does
take sharp photos!

jh