[OM] Filter Questions!!?!

Subject: [OM] Filter Questions!!?!
From: Jim Mueller <webnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 20:47:44 -0600
Besides all the nice used Zuiko lenses I've been buying, I also buy
*only* used Tiffen and Hoya Skylight, and other filters types, for about
5 bucks at a local camera shop.

When the poor man-behind-the-counter sees me coming, he just shakes his
head because I never buy anything over 5 bucks. I'm not even worth the
space I take up in his camera shop!

 I use the filters mainly to protect all that Zuiko glass.

But do these filters, no matter how prestine, detract from the image
quality? What do you pros do? Do you shoot without Skylight, UV, etc.
filters?

What's the difference between Hoya Skylight (0) and (1B)?

--
jim mueller