[OM] Olympus Pen FT

Subject: [OM] Olympus Pen FT
From: "Rhonda Jane Geisler" <rjgeisler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 06:14:39 -0800
I own a 30 year old Olympus Pen FT half Frame 35mm. Although it takes
wonderful pictures, it is old and somewhat featureless. I have recently
decided to step up to an OM body and would like to know if anyone has
knowledge of an adapter that would allow me to use the lenses from my Pen FT
on the OM body. I have been told that an adapter does exist to allow OM type
lenses to be used on the FT body but not the other way around.

The Pen FT mount looks identical to the OM mount but much smaller. Other
then that, it looks like Zuiko just miniaturized the OM for the Pen FT or
enlarged the Pen FT for the OM. I guess it depends on which came first. I
think it was the Pen FT (pre 1970).

When I purchased this camera there were adapters for almost every lens type
out there, but 30 years later, nothing!

Thanks,
Rhonda
mailto:rjgeisler@xxxxxxxxxxx