Re: [OM] great find today! WAS Adorama purchase experience

Subject: Re: [OM] great find today! WAS Adorama purchase experience
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 16:22:19 -0800
Giles writes:

<< Gary, your ad is a work of art. >>

Well thanks, Giles.  To tap into the collectors market you have to tell
them something that makes them want an item.  In the states there is
"The Antiques Roadshow" television series that is a mega hit for public
television. The appraisers are enchanting and make folks want the item
they are appraising.  And it makes lots of folks what to find stuff,
too.

A description can take a long time to write.  I'd say 1 1/2 hours in
this case, plus the typical 1 1/2 hours of logistics behind each sale,
plus the shopping time (3 hours), plus the price research that lead to
the buy (2 hours), . . .  I can directly attribute about ten hours of
labor to this sale.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV