Re: [OM] scanning transparencies

Subject: Re: [OM] scanning transparencies
From: "C.H.Ling" <pling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:17:55 +0800
I won't recommend the LS2000, I have been using one for around two
years, before that I have a LS10 since '93. The resolution of LS2000
is not as good as my old LS10 and the Minolta Scan Speed I have
tested. Also, at 2700 dip there are some spiky noise happen on high
contrast area, such as white characters on dark background. The
symptom is not only happen on my LS2000, I have took it the the Nikon
service center, they have checked it and said it was normal. They also
shown me another brand new one that has the same problem. They suggest
me to use multi-scan (a feature of the LS2000), it works, but the
multi-scan take a much longer time, than why I need a 20 sec scanning
time scanner while the output is not useful when scanner at this
speed.

I didn't know whether the LS30 has the same problem or not, but please
check it carefully if you are going to buy one.

C.H.Ling