[OM] ( fwd) Import Duty Tax

Subject: [OM] ( fwd) Import Duty Tax
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:35:46 +0000

From: "Ron Spolarich" <caesar2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Import Duty Tax
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:33:46 -0500

I did some searching on the web today to determine what the import duty cost
imposed will be on my order from Wide Angle.  Though this is
uns*ubstantiated with U.S. Customs, I've read that 20 0s the going rate
for items of value > $100.  That being the case, regrettably, I have
withdrawn my purchase.

Has anyone ever made an international purchase?  I know in our antique
business, when selling to buyers in Japan, they pay a hefty price in tax
often exceeding the cost of the item.  And when selling to our northern
neighbors (Canada) we're often asked to identify the item as a gift.
Apparently, the tax paid is alot less.  Jump on in here Garth.

RonS